January 14

Senegal

Before I lived in Senegal, I lived in France. Last year was my first time in the continent Africa. Before coming here, I seriously didn’t know what to expect. I thought it was going to be fine. Now that I am here in Senegal I see that it is not that bad. There are some down sides for example, the mosquitos or even the absence of McDonalds. There are some upsides to Senegal like getting to know more about a new culture and also meet new people! There are not many places to go, but there are some fun ones. For example, Saly, Acrobaobab. This impacted my life because I feel like I am more open-minded to new activities and new cultures. Senegal is not what I expected but it is a great Country with  great culture. I think this will be a great experience. 

Posted January 14, 2016 by maithaisd20 in category Uncategorized

10 thoughts on “Senegal

1. kevinisd20

waw France! That must have been cool living in France, I have always wanted to go to France. Were you scared about coming to a new country? It must have been scary.

Reply
  2. ibrahimaisd20

Happy to hear that because I felt the same way when I went to Abu Dhabi and Dubai different cultures . I like Dubai

Reply
  3. gabiisd20

Hi Maitha! I felt the same way when I moved to Senegal. At first I hated it. Mosquitos were everywhere, there were no fast food places to eat, and it was hot ALL THE TIME. But then I made friends and got used to the place and I realized it’s not so bad. 🙂

Reply
  4. Miss W.

G’day Maitha,
    I think the students at an international school must have great people skills as you are often moving countries and having to make new friends.

Can you explain more about Saly, Acrobaobab?

Reply
    1. maithaisd20 (Post author)

Hi Miss W.,
      I would think that my people aren’t as good as they should. But, it is easier to adapt to new cultures and environments.
      Sal is more like a hotel where there are different activities provided. It is pretty cool and a relaxing place. But, Acrobaobab is a place where people can zip line off of huge trees! It is very fun!
      Thank you!

Reply
  5. Titouan

Hey
    I learned that you didn’t learn french while in France. How did you live there (Knowing that few french speak english.

Reply